Daiwa Techno Systems conducts business activities that contribute to improvement of the global environment through provision of products and services related to laboratory instruments based on its management philosophy. To that end, as a key business challenge, we built the Integrated Management System (IMS) relating to quality and environment to carry out the following five activities as our fundamental principles.
- We strive for the manufacturing of high-quality, high-precision products to improve customer satisfaction.
- We continuously work on improvement of environmental performance and conduct reviews as necessary in order to prevent global pollution.
- We built a system for fulfilling our corporate social responsibility and maintain thorough compliance.
- Through our production activities, we actively work to save energy and resources and reduce waste and negative environmental impact.
- We ensure that this IMS policy is known to all of our stakeholders and that the IMS is appropriately deployed and reviewed for continuous improvement.
Acquisition of ISO 14001:2015/ISO 9001:2015 certification
Following the acquisition of ISO 9001:2008 certification for quality management systems in May 2005, we obtained ISO 14001:2004 certification in May 2008. By incorporating the ISO, a system of standards recognized around the world, we strive to earn the trust of our customers, local communities, and society at large.
Measures to prevent environmental pollution to ensure that local environments are not affected is vital to us and we have undertaken a variety of initiatives up to now.
We will use our acquisition of ISO 14001:2004 certification as a catalyst for the promotion of even more enhanced environmental preservation activities.
Environmental management system (EMS) certification (ISO 14001)
ISO 14001 is an international standard related to the environment established for the purpose of minimizing the impact of business and other activities on the environment.
Quality management system (QMS) certification (ISO 9001)
ISO 9001 is a universal standard established by the International Organization for Standardization in relation to systems for companies and other organizations to constantly provide products and services that have the quality required by customers and society.